Version 3.0->3.1.1 is only for 7.0.0
Version 3.1.2 is only for 7.0.1+
IMPORTANT - PowerSchool no longer allows students to edit their own student record. Because of this 1x Class Registration ONLY works when logged in as a Guardian. Students will have full Class Registration ability if 1x is enabled. I am unsure of what version this happened in, just fyi.
This is a new Parent Portal with more options for student screens.
Allows a school or district to show or hide icons on the public portal. The solution now cleans up the automatic e-mail page options when those options are hidden from normal view and displays a message when the grade & attendance page is hidden. Incorporates Roger Sprik's customization that allows a student to submit course requests just one time.
Stock PS pages that you can control;
Grades and Attendance
Score Detail Setup (Traditional or Traditional and Standards)
Added pages by EPP that you can control;
Graduation Progress Setup (Grad proggress or Grad planer)
Next years schedule (for in building grade changes)
V 1.0 - 2.X Changes included in documentation.
PowerSchool 7 Edition
-Updated ALL pages for PS 7 UI changes.
-Added an option to select at the school level if the Graduation Progress or Graduation Planner is used. By default Graduation Progress is used.
-Added an option to select the use of the stock Scores page or if you would like to use a scores page that that combines Traditional and Standards Assignment scores.
-Custom links on the left hand side in the guardian pages do not have icons at this time if you were looking for them. :)
-Removed Willington example for initial release.
V 3.0.1 (7/4/2011)
-Thanks to Joshua Schoeneck for modifying the EPP 2.x images to make them PS 7 compatible. Images for the links are now included.
V 3.1 (8/16/2011)
- Updated guardian_header and guardian_header_yui wildcards to correctly redirect on first logon. Also fixed unclosed span tag.
- Updated admin\schoolsetup\portals.html to correct first logon screen.
- Updated eppdialyredirect.txt to correctly redirect on first logon.
- Added guardian\bulletin2.html so users can be directed to the bulletin on logon.
- Added \ftl\guardian\studentList.ftl. Added a hidden input to enable JS to capture the Guardian’s name easier.
V 3.1.1 (9/8/2011)
- Updated \guardian\scores.html fixed un-named if’s that cause all sections assignment scores to show.
V 3.1.2 for PS 7.0.1+ (11/8/2011)
- Updated guardian_header and guardian_header_yui wildcards. The random icon (demo update, class registration) not showing when it should when switching students should be fixed.
- Updated \guardians\Scores.html added the ability to see the Weighting of final average. (Thanks MT @Shelby for all the help testing)
- Updated admin\schoolsetup\portals.html to add on/off for the showing of the weighing.
- Updated the following files to correct the “String Key Not Found!” on 7.0.1+
V 3.1.3 for PS 7.0.1+ (11/8/2011)
-Updated scores.html and tgscores.html. The scores pages were not correctly handling assignments there were not published. This has been corrected.
V 3.2 (1/13/2012)
- All pages were touched in some way.
- Fixed issue where Class Reg’s submit button was off the screen.
- Fixed UI issues that become apparent on several pages after the PS 7.1 upgrade
- Added the ability to remove the download grades link used for Alleyoop and other websites.
- Added term weighting to the Grades History Score page.
- Added standards grades to Grades History Score page.
- Removed some code from the bulletin2 (first page of day) file that will hopefully clear up the error some people were getting. I never got the error in testing.
V 3.3 (2/29/2012)
- Fixed UI issues on ppstudentasmtlist.html.
- Added link to home.html for previous page if scores page is not disabled.
- Added mobile version of the parent portal. Files in \guardian\mobile\
- Added mobile detect code to home.html to redirect to mobile version of the portal.
- Updated tgscores.html and scores.html to fix future assignments not showing issue.
- Updated guardian_header and guardian_header_yui files to include version information. New clickable link will be added to the bottom of the page
- Updated all guardian files to add version information.
V 3.3.1 (4/12/2012)
- Updated redirect code on pages to handle if parent is denied access but student is allowed access.
- Fixed comment/section description wrapping issue.
- Class Request page now shows the next_schools name instead of the current schools name.
- Added a full year list schedule to the bottom of the My Schedule screen.
V 3.3.2 (7/30/2012)
- Updated district\home.html to include 7.2 data validation
- Updated wildcards to include 7.2 code
- Added Teachers Comments page back in to prevent students from bypassing the wildcard security.
Courtesy of Dan and tweaked by me: If you want to know when parents have submitted data right from the admin\home.html then you can add the following code;
~[tlist_sql;select CASE WHEN sum(ps_customfields.getstudentscf(id,'parent_verify'))> 0 THEN '<a href="students/home.html?selectstudent=parent_verify=1"><font color="#FF0000"><b>Address Verify</b></font></a>' END alink from students where schoolid=~(curschoolid)]~(alink;t)[/tlist_sql]